Thursday 8 August 2019

Of Canuck Relationships and preferences

When I came to Canada I was under the impression that Indian women are highly regarded and  sought after in Canada because they are well educated, cultured, have good culinary skills...self boasting .. I know :). But I was in for a surprise..... I came to know that white guys don’t really give a second look to Indian girls. Guys who pursue Indian women are mostly from the Caribbean :)Now I know why i like Chris Gayle....
I remember the first time I went for lunch with my colleagues in Toronto. One woman announced that she recently got divorced. And with that conversation I found out that all the women at the table were divorced with the exception of me and another girl whose fiancee backed off before the wedding. That conversation scared me on the whole relationship aspect in this part of the world. Couple of unmarried guys i worked with told me that they have no intention of marrying because of the fear of paying huge alimonies.



As an Indian woman i could not understand this scenario of not wanting to commit to a relationship. Men and women who grew in this part of the world are so independant that they don’t feel the need for marriage , let alone having kids. Ofcourse this does not apply to Indian and other non-white communities because we are family oriented and succumb to family pressure on settling down.
And  when white men decide to settle down, they have a lot of options because all non white women try to settle down with a white guy so that they can have white babies and pursue upward social mobility. So based on the order of hierarchy, a white guy chooses in the following order:
1. White woman
2. Chinese woman
3. Mediterranean
4. Latinas
5. Indian
6. Filipino
7. African


As you see an Indian women are pretty much at the bottom of the Peking order. Reason being they are usually uptight and don’t accept western culture easily whereas Chinese women have no issues with adopting a western culture.

When it comes to white women things change slightly. Their order of preference is :
1. White guys
2. Indian guys
3. Latinos
4. Black
You might be surprised that Indian guys are sought after here ... because they are family oriented and well educated as well.... perfect husband material
So when my husband laments that he should have grown up in Toronto so that he could have married a white girl, I on the other hand thank god that I was not born in Toronto and neither was Hubby ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Your article is very interesting and very useful for me. Thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge about holidays. theapartmentscanggu.com

    ReplyDelete

Horror comedy

 The sun down motel The squatter Stolen tongues  How to sell a haunted house  Hidden pictures Home after dark