Friday 19 July 2019

Life lessons (tattvam)

In the last few weeks, I came across two life lessons that I want to pen down so that I can remember them. The first one is about perceptions - How perceptions mess up our life. Our perceptions of where we should be and our preconceived notions on where other people think we should be and keep ruminating about it.
Both these take us far away from contentment. The moment we remove these layers, we are able to see things as they are and understand how we should respond to the situation. This is such a simple yet profound perspective. But we keep adding layers to reality and look at things in a blurry way and in turn these layers continue to take us away from where we should be.

The other lesson is about problem management. I came across the four possible solutions to a problem. As I start to write about this I remember Risk management system - what i learned in my PMP certification. There are four ways to work on a deal with a problem -
1. Mitigate: Sell a solution to the problem maker that will mitigate the problem for you or define it in a way that makes the problem look smaller to you.
2. Avoid: Walk out of the problem after ensuring that it will not affect you after you walk away.
3. Accept: Accept the problem and the fact that you can do nothing about it and whatever consequences come out of it will have to be accepted as well.... and make peace with yourself
2. Transfer: Outsource the problem or keep whining to whoever is around and make it their problem :)

I am aware that I have been trying to transfer my problems for a long time. But this makes me think that I should try three other three options before I decide to transfer my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horror comedy

 The sun down motel The squatter Stolen tongues  How to sell a haunted house  Hidden pictures Home after dark