Thursday 2 April 2020

Audiobooks I read recently

So below are few books i kept myself with since January:

Pachinko
A book about a Korean family that moved to Japan during world war era. I loved the description of Korean culture in the book . I also learnt more on how asian cultures are all about honour and self respect. And of course the love towards white rice ;)

Little fires everywhere
This is a weird book and I am still trying to wrap my head around it. The protagonist does not fit in the persona of an African American woman. They are not known for being discreet :) for the right reasons. I feel its a Asian story replicated into an African American one. The description of the white family is absolutely true. I liked the story and I could relate to the part of being a mother and yearning for motherhood :)

Anne of Green Gables
This is a beautiful story of an orphan girl who grew up in PEI. I listened to the book and watched the netflix series too and loved both. My interest is this book began when i visited PEI. To this day i don't know how i missed this amazing story when i grew up.

The Shape of family
This is a story of an Indian american family that reels under the tragic death of their younger kid. The elder sister feels guilty of not being to save her younger brother and goes through a journey of forgiving herself. Beautifully narrated.

Next year in Havana
This is a story of a Cuban American woman who goes back to Cuba to learn more about her grandmother's life and end up falling for family friend's grandson. Again beautifully narrated. I found the narrative was very sombre, introspective and passionate in a very different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horror comedy

 The sun down motel The squatter Stolen tongues  How to sell a haunted house  Hidden pictures Home after dark