Saturday 2 February 2019

Some Audiobooks I caught up on

Audiobooks are the best thing that happened to me since pdf novels. I remember getting PDF novels from colleagues and spending weekends reading them. And the Kindle phase where I would buy books and read them during my spare time.

After coming to Canada, I discovered Toronto Public library and was amazed that this service was free to all residents. I would borrow books but never find the time to read them. That's when one of my friends told me about overdrive  - an app that lets you borrow ebooks and audiobooks from your city library. And TPL had a lot of ebooks and audiobooks. And I dont even remember when I switched to audiobooks, but I have managed to listen to a lot of John Grisham's novels. Almost exhausted... need to move to another author. But i know i will keep coming back to John Griham.


Below are some of the books I read in the last month:
The couple next door: This is an interesting story on a couple who's baby was kidnapped while they were at the neighbor's party. The story goes through the motives of each of the characters and finally solving the mystery.

Before I let you go: This was an emotional story of two sisters whose life turned upside down when their father died in a fire accident. Very heavy emotional read. I am not sure why I picked it. But its a good book for one of those emotional dramas.

Vintage: Vintage was a good story that revolved around the characters at a vintage dress shop. What I like about the story is the portrayal of Amithi Singh as one of the characters. I liked Amithi's story and the way she was portrayed as an Indian housewife who knows to drive a car :). A good attempt by Susan Gloss.

On the rocks: This is a novel where the protagonist is a jilted bride and the story is about how she moves on. In the first few chapters I was a bit unimpressed of how the author makes a humor out of the whole being jilted situation. But as I went through more chapters I liked how the protagonist takes it easy and navigates her future. This was a light read and the i liked the message " Don't take you life too seriously".

The house of sand and fog: This was an amazing story of two people  - an Iranian American who tries to live with dignity after his new found status in America leaving behind the a glorious status in the Pahlavi Dynasty. The other immigrant is a drug addict who is not able to meet her finances and loses her house.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Horror comedy

 The sun down motel The squatter Stolen tongues  How to sell a haunted house  Hidden pictures Home after dark